We offer primary health care services, community educational programs, and an annual women’s health fair. These services are on a first-come, first serve basis to people regardless of age, race, gender, disability, religion, national origin or sexual orientation. (Please see our Sliding Fee Discount Policy and our Non-discrimination Notice).
Primary health care and referral services:
- Triage, screening & preventive care
- Diagnostic Laboratory
- Chronic Disease Management
- Over-the-counter and prescription medications
- Referrals for lab work, vision, dental, maternal-child health & behavioral health
- Screening Brief Intervention Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Support service referrals for assistance with disabilities, housing, & other needs
- Eye exam clinic is held the first Thursday of each month in collaboration with the Lion’s Club. This clinic offers free eye exams and prescription glasses. Patients requiring additional care can also apply for the Lion’s Club eye treatment programs.
- Foot clinic is held the third Wednesday of each month with our partner the University United Church of Christ youth group. The group soaks the patient’s feet and a registered nurse trim nails and gives cuticle care.
- Acu Detox is a state-of-the-art acupuncture detoxification technique that supplements treatment for addiction. It is offered during health and wellness educational events or by contacting staff in the clinic.
- Assessment, counseling and substance abuse intervention and referrals services with a licensed professional clinical counselor
Community educational programs:
- Clinics for: 1) diabetes education & management; 2) HIV & hepatitis prevention; 3) vaccinations
- Classes on: 1) wellness & healthiness; 2) taking charge of your life & caring for your body
Women’s Annual Health Fair:
- Screening for breast and cervical cancer
- Held with NMSU’s Department of Nursing, Family Medical Clinic, and volunteer medical providers